INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
Gray Academy students develop competencies in using and applying a broad range of technologies to support their learning experience. These skills allow them to be knowledgeable, self-directed, and curious learners, comfortable with and proficient in using technology resources in all their forms. Our goal is to support our students as productive global citizens who are able to successfully navigate their futures.
All grades use ICT in ways that are meaningful to their grade-level curriculum. For example, a unit on space might include research using the internet (eg. GALE Databases, Refseek, etc.), note-taking using Word or Inspiration, and a final project using Inspiration, PowerPoint, or any web-based tools and apps such as Prezi or Tagxedo.
Through ICT, students gain the following specific skills:
- Hand-eye coordination & proper mouse use (JK to Grade 2)
- Keyboarding (JK to Grade 3)
- Managing & organizing a personal account on school servers (Grades 3 to 12)
- Creating & managing online accounts responsibly (Grades 4 to 12)
- Evaluating websites for validity (Grades 4 to 12)
- Choosing proper applications for projects, research, etc. (Grades 4 to 12)
Check out the Literacy with ICT website by Manitoba Education.
I am sharing this article that I found through the blog, Global Digital Citizen Foundation.
Here is the intro from the post:
It’s a multi-headed challenge: Teachers need to connect with classrooms filled with distinct individuals. We……
Choose groups to clone to: